M&M 2024 Call for Papers is NOW OPEN!
Looking for guidance or advice on submitting your paper to M&M 2024? Look no farther - check out our recent webinar: "How to Submit Your Proceedings: All You Wanted to Know!", hosted by our M&M 2024 Proceedings Editor-in-Chief, Dr. Gail Celio and posted to the MSA Vimeo.
If you have submitted work to the 2024 Submission site, please whitelist or mark this email email@example.com as a safe sender so you can receive all official communications from Meeting Management! Don't let it get caught in spam!
Submitting authors will be notified of their acceptance to the program by March 31, 2024.
The presenting author of each submission will be notified of presentation type (platform or poster) and day/time assignments in mid-April 2024.
Contributed submissions requesting "Platform presentation" will be assigned by the Program Committee to either a Platform or Poster presentation. Submission requesting "Poster presentation" will be assigned to a poster session. Authors will be notified of their assignment by mid-April.
For Platform Presenters
- Computers are NOT provided for your presentation. You must bring or arrange for your own computer for your presentation. Both Mac and PC formats are supported.
- The default ratio for projectors at M&M 2024 is 16:9 (high definition). Please plan your slides accordingly. A 4:3 ratio will work; however, there will be black vertical bars on either side of your projected image.
- Both HDMI and VGA cables will be provided. We recommend HDMI for HD projectors.
- If you don't have a computer to bring, ask your symposium organizer or session chair if you can use another presenter's machine.
- If you bring a computer, please make sure that you have administrative access and know the password.
- If possible, we suggest bringing your presentation on a flash drive and/or storing it online so that you have access to it in case your computer has technical problems.
For Poster Presenters
Poster presenters will be assigned to a specific presentation day. NEW for 2024: All posters should be installed on Monday and remain up until Thursday afternoon at 2 PM.
- No A-V equipment will be provided for ANY poster presentations.
- Poster presenters must remain at their poster on their assigned day during the required hours.
- Each poster will be allocated a 92" wide x 45" high display area (see image below). Please note that your poster can be any size that best displays your work, as long as it fits in this display area.
- Authors must provide their own velcro hooks or push pins for mounting.
- A (suggested) 8-12-in. high strip at the top of your poster should contain the title of the paper and the name and affiliation of the author(s).
- The poster should have large legible text and figures, and describe the results in a manner that would be clear to a reader in the author's absence.
- Stereo images may be mounted and presented for stereo viewing using viewers provided by the author.
MSA does not permit any type of recording (photography, video, audio, etc.) of lectures, posters, tutorials, workshops and commercial exhibits at the Microscopy & Microanalysis meeting without prior permission of MSA or the individuals concerned.